Thursday, April 02, 2009

We had a great time in Virginia Beach at the Shamrock Sportfest. I had an entry for the half marathon on Sunday, but in the end I took my coaches advice and skipped the race on Sunday. It was a hard thing to do, but I was absolutely wiped after the long road trip and working the expo Friday & Saturday. We really enjoyed meeting all our customers from Virginia, DC, Baltimore and NY that were there for the event. We were even surprised to meet one of our customers from my own home town in Barrie, Canada. We weren't the only road-trippers. The Shamrock Marathon is a very well organized event -with a beautiful course in Virginia beach. I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a spring marathon on the east coast.

This event will always hold a special sentiment for me personally as it was my little guys very first foot race! There was a kids marathon for the wee ones - they ran the last 26.2 yards of the marathon on Saturday morning. Checkout the photos below - he was so proud of earning his very own race medal or "pretty" as he likes to call it. I was working the running skirt booth at the expo, so Daddy got to enjoy all the race day glory, but I insisted he be one of those over-the-top parents with camcorder in tow....I will get the video footage up soon - it's priceless. It was more of a toddle than a run, but nevertheless it brought great joy & tears of happiness to my eyes. So cute & mommy couldn't be prouder.


















Congrats to all those who completed the marathon, half marathon & 8k - there were a lot of PRs and Boston Qualifiers on Sunday. It was a chilly morning, but sunny, wind free - perfect running weather. We caught a lot of snapshots of Running Skirts - you can see them on our facebook page here. If you haven't seen the new green running skirt yet, it's called "clover-treuse" - it is a beautiful shade of green. I wore mine with our new featherweight silky technical tee in chartreuse. Love it!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

So cute! Looks like you have a little runner on your hands.

Lizzie said...

He is just SO cute! What an awesome addition to your race day!