Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mothers Day!
















Today was my first Mothers Day, I still look at our little guy with awe and thank
God to be blessed with a wonderful healthy & happy child! I was also lucky enough to start my day out with a great half marathon in Mississauga. My angel neighbor came through again and watched baby bear while we made the early morning journey to Toronto for this morning's race. I made it just in time for a quick visit to the portapotty and meet up with my sister-in-law Val at the start line. Val just ran a PR Boston 2 weeks ago and was hoping to run a NYC marathon qualifying time for the half marathon (1:37 or better) crazy but true! We were lucky to get great weather - cool & sunny. Spits: 7:01, 7:03, 6:48, 7:03, 7:03, 6:44, 7:28, 7:06, 7:00, 6:59, 7:00, 8:06, 6:15.

Here's a shot of us almost halfway into the race!
















I'm happy to report that we beat the 1:37 goal by almost 5 minutes, finishing in 1:32:20. This is one of my favorite 1/2 marathons - a beautiful and very fast course! The three days of rest were perfect for the hamstring, it didn't bother me at all today.
And the finish:















Here's Arma who ran an awesome first post-baby race in Mississauga also!



















Check back for more photos & details about Josiane's 10k win Saturday night!

1 comment:

GB said...

Hey, great video of Mississagua. And SUPER half marathon time!!! I wish I was going to NY this year. :( Still crossing my fingers for '09 though.

I watched the vid of your little guy bouncing and I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I remember the first few pics you posted here after you gave birth. Seems like just yesterday!