Monday, April 14, 2008
















April 13- April 19 Weekly mileage:
4/13 Sun- travel day
4/14 Mon - rest day - everything is sore from snowboarding!
4/15 Tue -6.5 miles moderate
4/16 Wed - rest day (ouch!) sore ribs
4/17 Thur - 1.5 miles trail run (I thought the softer terrain of the trail would be easier on the ribs...not so much)
4/18 Fri - recuperate day
4/19 Sat -recuperate day

Home from the week in Whistler. We were lucky to get a few beautiful days weather out there to wrap up the trip. I realized squeezing in my training runs and snowboarding wasn't realistic. After a few hours of boarding (falling over and over and over again) my whole body was worked. The hubby joked that I was getting a better workout boarding anyway- similar to doing say 100 dips and 200 pushups and 300 squats. So I took the last few days of the week off from running and simply enjoyed the mountain and worked on my snowboarding skills. All in all it went well until the grand "splat". I would explain it to you, but I'm not sure how it all happened - one minute I was cruising along down the hill and the next I was face down whimpering "ouch" "ouch". I am now nursing some (hopefully only bruised) ribs. Who am I kidding? my whole body is sore, but the rib thing kinda sucks. I'm planning a run for this afternoon, hopefully it doesn't slow me down.
















Thursday - OK -so I have pretty much concluded that my ribs are more than bruised. The pain seems to be getting worse instead of better. I'm guessing they are fractured/cracked/broken. I can feel the pain with each breath in my right rib cage, kind of feels like a bad side stitch when running. I think I'm gonna take a few days off to let the swelling go down and hopefully start healing. I am so bummed since I"m supposed to be doing my last long run before the marathon in May! I'll take thursday and friday off and see how it goes on Saturday.

Good luck to all you Boston runners this weekend, Val & friends from the Canada police team, Glorybelle, PCN Racers and all the other "skirts" running! I will send you my energy and follow your progress on Marathon Monday!

I've got some great photos of the Telus Ski & Snowboard Festival and the Big Air competition. It was amazing - I'll get them up soon!

No comments: